Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The Argument--Political Identity


I believe that everything I learned about politics I got from my parents. Growing up in my house it was not a big political thing. But they always voted democrat. I feel like they passed that down to me. Or even I just adapted to it. Long before I knew the difference between Democrat and Republican, I felt that Democrat was always right. Even growing up with Bill Clinton as president I knew little about anything going on in the world, so once George Bush got into the white house we suddenly had a lot going on, like September 11th. So my impression quickly became that Democrats are better. But now knowing what I know, I still like democrats better because I feel they offer more for people like me as a African American male. Whether is Obama or Hiliary, it’s a change and that’s what I think America needs right now.

No comments: