Sunday, April 27, 2008

Put It on a Table

A Whole New Mind—Put It on a Table

For this experiment, I was told to select an item that I liked and place it on a table and do several things to it. For my object, I chose the third place medal I received from my first collegiate conference championship track meet. It makes me think of all of the hard work I put into to get it. I know that running track is a big part of my life while I am college and I was happy to see that I could continue my success from high school. I had never thought about the person that made it, they did a get job with the craftsmanship and with the medal. I realized that the person making the medal put a lot of work into and proably got the same satisfaction out of making it that I got from receiving.

This medal has doesn’t have a major effect on my five senses. It feels like a normal medal. It smells like medal. IT doesn’t really have a sound unless I drop it. It is bronze with red and blue writing on it, with a white ribbon. I have never tasted it so I wouldn’t know what it taste like.

I don’t think the way the medal apperared to my senses changed how I felt about it. I still feel good knowing that I worked hard for something. Although gold would have been better, , I cant be selfish I have to accept what I earned. To get the gold I have to jeep working.

No comments: